achtergrond

27 Apr 2012

Houses and loaning!

Slowly but surely everything is falling in place for our house.

Our seller asked an incredible price for the house, it was just on our one-income price limit! He told us there were still 20 people coming to look at the house but that he would sell it to the first one that gave him his asking price. We didn't hesitate a moment, but were still afraid he might brake his word as we hadn't signed anything yet... He called us back to make an appointment and told us somebody placed a bid of 25.000 euro over his asking price! My heart stopped beating for a moment but he continued by saying he's a man of his word and that he's just happy for us, haha!

 

Now, as I said, we were really pushing our limits (a limit set by the bank) to make this sale work. Because I'm still a student, Jeff and I thought we might get a social loan, which has far better rates than the regular loans you get from banks. I don't know about the system where you live, but in Belgium house prices are crazy and loaning rates aren't really low! We would be still able to buy a house on one income but it would be very difficult.

So this week we've heard back from the social loaning company and they've confirmed we meet all the required conditions! This means we'll be able to loan more money to make this house our home :) There's still a lot of work - work we wouldn't have had the money for if we'd had to loan from the bank!

I'm so happy and I feel so blessed... Every single step is right on time to make this whole thing work!!
We serve a great God :)


Now we can start to dream about how it'll look when it's all finished... We're thinking apple-trees, raspberries, flowers, bright and open spaces! I can't wait :)

7 comments:

sofieV said...

Ik ben zo benieuwd om het eens van binnen te zien. Tis echt een schattig huisje! :)

Dove of Snow said...

Wow! I miss reading the blogs I love to follow such as yours, and I miss a HUGE announcement!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and Jeff!!! :)

Joke said...

Fantastisch goed nieuws!

Emily grapes said...

Oh my goodness, that's great that he kept his word with you guys and gave you the house no matter what!!

How exciting you're soon to be home owners. No better feeling!
Hope you have a great weekend. :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Mrs. Pancakes said...

How excitng! Congrats lady!

Megan said...

I'm so glad that everything is working out! We serve an amazing God!!

Holly said...

Awesome news, and awesome house too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...