achtergrond

6 Dec 2010

A Bubble Bath/Shower

It's the second week of Courteney's "Peace on Earth" challenge and it will require some thinking for me!


Here's this week's challenge: Take out your calendar and SCHEDULE a night where you will take a warm refreshing bubble bath. Bring your Bible. Read the story of the birth of Jesus in Matthew 1, 2 and Luke 1,2.

I can take out a calender and I can also take my bible and read it... But I don't have a bath! Aaaagh... The life of a student! Haha :) 
I'm not sure how to fix it, maybe I can take a bath when I'm at my fiancé's parents', but I'm not sure if I'll have the time and occasion there... And there's little children running around, along with too many people that could interrupt my peace...

So maybe I'll just take a hot shower! I know, it's not the same, but it's all I have...





 Here's some more tips from Courteney
An awesome bubble bath takes planning so here's what you need:
1. Privacy - all children asleep and the husband aware that you don't want to be interrupted

2. Hot water and loads of Bubbles - preferably ones that smell yummy!
--> I could buy a nice shower gel for this one!

3. Some soft classical music
--> I'll put that on when I'm back in my room and preparing to go to bed

4. A hand towel rolled up as a pillow

5. A cold drink to set beside the tub
--> Change that to a hot cup of tea before bed, mmmm!

6. Your Bible and if you are afraid you'll get it wet - exchange it for a good Christian book or simply quietness - reflecting on your day and talking with God in prayer.

Optional: a lit candle

The reading (and candle) will be done when I'm in bed after my hot shower!

I'm happy to be participating in this challenge, even though I have to be creative about it, hah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hot shower can sometimes be just as relaxing as a hot bath - make it a long one! :) Besides, spending the time meditating on God's word is the part that will truly relax your soul, so after all your muscles are relaxed from the hot water, let your soul relax with time the Word!

Stephanie said...

Well you could take a nice hot shower and then cuddle up with a warm blanket and your Bible. It would *almost* be the same, wouldn't it? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...