achtergrond

15 Dec 2010

Going to bed early

It's the third week of becoming quiet before Christmas.


Courteney writes: 
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

This week's challenge: Pull out your calendar and SCHEDULE a night where you will go to bed very very early. Take your Bible with you to bed and read in bed for at least 5 minutes. Read in Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:2, Jeremiah 23:5, and Isaiah 53. These are prophecies that were fulfilled by the birth and life of Jesus. Get extra blankets for a warm nights rest, pray God gives you deep rest and that no one wakes you. Then turn out the lights and sleep. I pray that when you wake, you face the new day of Christmas stress with extra strength and vigor.


I'm going to have my "early to bed-day" today. I don't have any classes today so I'm really enjoying my time! Just resting and preparing for the messy week that's starting as of tomorrow... I have a big take-home exam which will take 1 week! In that week I also have 2 other exams... It stresses me out completely!!

But today I'm going to bed around 7 or 8 pm! So I can start the week with a fresh mind...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...