achtergrond

20 Dec 2010

Christmas War?

This week it's CHRISTMAS!! Jeeej :)
According to Courteney it means war... Satan wanting to keep us away from the real meaning of Christmas, not wanting us to read our Bible...



Here's this week's challenge: Christmas is just 5 days away and so much of our time is often spent helping the children to remember the "Reason for the Season". Now it's our turn. Once the kids are in bed get yourself a HOT drink (again we are warming the body as we warm the soul.) Get ALONE and turn out the lights by your Christmas tree, a lit fire, or a candle and just be alone with God. Pray, talk to him, I encourage you to sing Christmas carols or songs praising him, and just rest with Jesus.

I don't have any children so that's not the problem :) I DO have got me some pretty nasty exams, EVERY..DAY..OF..THE..WEEK!
It's killing me... Especially since I shouldn't be having any exams! Our exam period is in januari, after the hollidays!

Anyway, I'll find an evening where I can just sit, be still and just be alone with God. Maybe I'll do that tonight so I can calm down!

Love,
Evelien

1 comment:

Katja said...

Hello Evelien - I think it's much easier to write my comment in English, too - I did learn French for a few months and did understand my friends from Belgium when they were talking very slowly but anyway - so great from hearing from you and thanks for your comment. I had a hard time to even make up last weeks challenge - I am a late night owl and it's again 10:30 pm... we are at my parents for the holidays and sitting all by myself even writing the post for tomorrow I have some hard time with... But anyway - I do enjoy great conversations with the family and this is, too Christmas feeling (and maybe I go to bed early today, as 11 pm is quite early for me...).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...